points legal stuff
||(Effective March 1, 2008)
Please read these PC® points terms and conditions carefully.
You'll find important information about the PC points program, including how to earn and redeem PC points.
PC points terms and conditions
- some basic terminology
- general terms and conditions
- how to earn PC points
- how to redeem your PC points
- your privacy is important to us
- general information
- how to contact us
1) some basic terminology
“Account” means a President’s Choice Financial MasterCard or a President’s Choice Financial personal banking product or service through which you may earn Points and any other vehicle established from time to time that participates in the Program.
"Card" means the President's Choice Financial bank card (not available in Quebec) or the President's Choice Financial MasterCard credit card and any other card that we may issue from time to time for a product or service that participates in the Program.
"Good standing" means that you are in full compliance with all of the provisions of the documents and agreements governing each of your President's Choice Financial products, services and accounts, including, without limitation, the President's Choice Financial MasterCard Cardholder Agreement, the terms and conditions applicable to any other President’s Choice Financial personal banking products or services that you hold (including, without limitation, personal banking products or services that do not participate in the Program) and these PC points terms and conditions, as such documents and agreements may be amended, restated or otherwise modified from time to time.
“PC points website” means either pcpoints.ca for residents of provinces other than Quebec or pcfinance.ca for Quebec residents.
“Points” means PC points.
“Program” means the PC points program.
"You" or "Your" means the person in whose name we have opened a Points account.
"We", "us" and "our" mean President's Choice Services Inc. ("PC Services "), the provider of the Program.
back to top
2) general terms and conditions
- Your Points account is automatically set-up upon our receipt of your information as part of your application for any Account. Access to your Points account is provided through your Card. To participate in the Program and to earn or redeem Points, you must have a Card and you must have an Account that participates in the Program.
- These terms and conditions and any other program information on the PC points website replace all previous versions of the terms and conditions for the Program. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time with or without notice to you and you should check the PC points website regularly for any updates.
- Please note that the person in whose name a Points account is opened is responsible for informing any joint or secondary accountholder and any authorized users of the Accounts that are linked to that Points account of the terms and conditions of the Program and of any changes to those terms and conditions.
- If any of your President's Choice Financial products, services or accounts (including products and services that do not earn Points) or your Points account is not in good standing, you will not earn Points or be able to redeem your Points until such products, services or accounts are in good standing. We reserve the right to close your Points account if you no longer have any Account that participates in the Program. We reserve the right to terminate the Program at any time by providing 60 days notice (at participating stores, on the PC points website, or through other communications). See "Termination" section below for more details.
- All residents of Canada are eligible to participate in the Program provided they have a Card and at least one Account (linked to the Card) that continues to participate in the Program and all of their President's Choice Financial products, services and accounts are in good standing.
back to top
3) how to earn PC points
- To find out how to earn Points please visit the “earn” section of the PC points website. We may change how PC points are earned at any time without notice. A detailed summary of your Points transactions for the past 90 days can be viewed at the PC points website.
- Other than as described below, Points earned in connection with joint President’s Choice Financial MasterCard accounts will be credited to the primary (as determined when you opened such joint account) cardholder's Points account. Points earned as a result of debit card (not available in Quebec) purchases at participating stores will be credited to that cardholder's Points account.
- If your Points account is credited with Points on any purchase made with your Account that you subsequently return, your Points account balance will be reduced by the number of Points equivalent to the amount of the refund applied to your Account. If a refund is applied to any one of our Accounts as a result of your returning a purchase that you had acquired with a different product or service (regardless of whether or not that product or service was a President’s Choice Financial product or service), your Points accounts will be reduced by the number of Points equivalent to the amount of the refund applied to any of your Accounts (for instance, subsequent to your having returned a purchase made with a product or service that does not earn Points), your Points account balance will be reduced and may become negative.
- In the event of a dispute about the number of Points earned, redeemed or deducted, our records shall be considered conclusive. You must notify us at 1-866-PC POINTS (727-6468) of any discrepancy within 30 days from the date of the transaction in question. If you do not do so, you will be considered to be in agreement with the number of Points credited to, debited or deducted from, your Points account.
- When awarding Points for purchases using a Card or an Account, we round to the nearest 10-cent increment, and for mortgages we round down to the nearest $1,000 of principal (mortgages are not available in Quebec).
back to top
4) how to redeem your PC points
applicable to all PC points rewards
- Other than rewards for groceries and in-store merchandise which are redeemable in-store at participating stores, Points rewards can be ordered on-line by connecting with the PC points section of the PC points website or by calling us at 1-866-PC POINTS (727-6468). Rewards are subject to availability; merchandise selection varies by store.
- See below for further details.
In addition, the following details are applicable to specific types of rewards:
how to redeem your PC points for groceries and in-store merchandise
- To redeem your Points for groceries or other in-store merchandise rewards, you must redeem a minimum of 20,000 Points and if you wish to redeem more than 20,000 Points at any one time, you must redeem the additional Points in 10,000 increments.
- You can use your Points towards payment (or partial payment) of groceries and/or in-store merchandise at any store participating in the Program. For instance, if you wanted to use your Points to pay for $37 worth of groceries, you could redeem 30,000 Points and pay the remaining $7 in cash or with a debit or credit card. You could not redeem 37,000 Points, as Points are only redeemable for groceries and in-store merchandise rewards in 10,000 Points increments. You cannot redeem more Points than the equivalent dollar value of your purchase.
- Points may not be redeemed against (i) the purchase of tobacco, lottery tickets, alcohol, prescription medication and, for Quebec residents, milk, or (ii) any other products or services that may not be legally offered in connection with programs such as this Program, or (iii) any other products or services as we may determine from time to time. In addition, points cannot be redeemed by certain other licensed merchants located within stores participating in the Program.
- To redeem your Points, you will need to swipe (or tap in the case of a Card with PayPass) your Card at the cashier debit machine at participating stores and follow the instructions on the machine or the instructions provided by the cashier. To redeem Points for groceries and/or in-store merchandise, in addition to a redemption using Points only, as described above, you may also use Points towards part of your purchase of groceries and/or in-store merchandise and can use any other acceptable payment method (cash, credit card or debit card) for the remaining balance.
- When returning anything purchased in store with your Card or with any other debit card or credit card, you must present your receipt. In such cases, your Points account balance will be reduced by the number of Points equivalent to the amount of the refund applied to your Account.
back to top
5) your privacy is important to us
- service providers: Information obtained in the operation of your Points account may be shared with any entity that is engaged to provide services in respect of your Points account for that purpose. However, we do not sell or rent your information to anyone.
- affiliates: Information (non-financial information) regarding your Points account may be used and shared with affiliates within the Loblaw Group of Companies and other unaffiliated entities associated with or participating in the Program for the purposes of administering the Program.
- optional use & sharing: We may use and share the information obtained from time-to-time in the operation of your Points account for the purposes of offering additional products, services, enhancements or incentives which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish your information to be used for this purpose, you may write to the address noted above or call PC Services at 1-866-246-7262.
Please note that details regarding the purchases made by you or any joint or secondary accountholder or authorized user for which Points were earned may be included in the statements you receive for your Account(s) and in any Points statements.
back to top
If the Program is ever terminated, you will have 30 days after the termination date to redeem any Points in your Points account. If you cease to be eligible to participate in the Program, you will have 30 days from the date you ceased to be eligible to redeem any Points in your Points account provided that the President’s Choice Financial products and services that you held, immediately prior to ceasing to be eligible to redeem any Points, were in good standing at such time. Any Points that have not been redeemed after such 30-day period, even if you were not eligible to redeem Points during such period, will be cancelled and become null and void.
back to top
7) general information
- President's Choice Services offers the Program. We may modify in whole or in part these terms and conditions at any time with or without notice to you. We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or otherwise change any aspect of the Program with or without notice. We may, at any time, suspend or cancel your participation in the Program, if, in our view, you have abused the program's privileges, failed to follow the terms and conditions or made any misrepresentation to us or to any entity associated with or participating in the Program. Points are not transferable, have no cash value and will be considered invalid if sold for cash or other value.
- The laws of Ontario and the federal laws applicable in Ontario will be applicable to these terms and conditions. For Quebec residents, these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Province of Quebec and the federal laws applicable therein.
back to top
8) how to contact us
We welcome any feedback or comments as it helps to identify areas that we can improve upon.
Feel free to provide your feedback via the following channels.
- Phone: 1-866-727-6468
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: President's Choice Services Inc. – AODA feedback on PC points
P.O. Box 4403, Station A Dept 5114
Toronto, ON M5W 5Y4
back to top
||trademark and issuer information for President's Choice Financial MasterCard and PC points
® PC, President's Choice, President's Choice Financial and Fresh Financial Thinking are registered trademarks of Loblaws Inc. Trademarks used under licence..
® MasterCard, Cirrus, Maestro, PayPass, Tap & Go, MasterCard Global Service are trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. President’s Choice Bank licensee of marks.
President's Choice Financial MasterCard is provided by President's Choice Bank.
The PC points loyalty program is provided by President’s Choice Services Inc.
President's Choice Financial personal banking services are provided by the direct banking division of CIBC and these services and the President’s Choice Financial MasterCard debit card are not available in Quebec.
The content of this Web site is protected by copyright. ©2010 Loblaws Inc.
back to top